First, some rantings:
I have started this Blog and Website for a purpose, and that is to live a more fulfilling life for me and for anyone who is curious to find out if it works or not... anyone who is interested is most welcome to follow this journey and participate in it in whatever ways possible.
More on the purpose of the site will follow later in this post.
To be frank, it had been my life long desire to be a writer and write about stuff around me, as some sort of commentary on the passage of life and times, so to speak.
But, it's been 40 years since I was born and here I am still doing the 9 to 5 grind and tugging along with life as it pushes and drags me along with it according to its whims and fancies.
I had been planning and creating this website (yeah, I still code the thing myself) since a long time but making myself to write in it consistently has been a real uphill battle against procrastination, self-doubt and what not.
I have given it a go finally, thanks to the impetus I get from my current Mid-life crisis, which was preceded by my divorce a year ago and the various existential dilemmas that I face on a day today basis. Enough is enough, I told myself - give it a try, what's there to lose? It is better to try and fail rather than never to try at all!
- I believe this site will keep on improving with better content, if I/we could continue writing on a regular basis. Unfortunately, I have not been able to keep on writing continuously for extended periods of time in the past. At various points during my life, I would keep a journal and pen down my thoughts and rants in it but could not maintain consistency, and you know consistency is the key to getting better at anything. That's what I intent to do from now on.
- The content produced here will by no means be perfect or fool proof or anything like that. We are humans and I firmly believe and live by the ethos "to err is human". So, please understand that the ideas discussed here could be wrong or not in accordance with the generally accepted norms etc. This is a journey of self-discovery and improvement and the course will be changed or corrected whenever there is a realization of that. Stuff will be edited, ideas will evolve and change and so on. Please don't get pissed off by that, and even if someone does, nothing much could possibly be done about it.
What is the purpose of this site? What are we trying to do? Read on...
Have you ever felt that there is a need to have an alternate media or voice for the people who strongly feel that there is something seriously and grossly wrong with some of the things going on around us? To give you an idea, I'm talking about some of the things that many people feel are totally wrong even to the point of being stupid and crazy. Some examples:
- The divorce laws in most of the states in US, (does any straight-thinking human believe them to be fair?).
- The American Healthcare System (a system to bankrupt middle class folks).
- The Insurance companies (Most of them function like Scams).
- Insane levels of Taxation in many states.
- And the list goes on and on...
Well, we can't claim that these things are specific to today's times, because such has been the state of the world since the beginning of time. But can we do something to make things a little bit sane for ourselves – at least get the satisfaction of knowing that there are other like-minded people who think and feel like us as well. Let us network with such people and work for changing things that we can afford to change.
Together we are stronger.
On TV and on YouTube etc., I see some people trying feebly to respond to this menace, but if you see and hear them, you get the feeling that they are just showing their helplessness to do anything about these issues. They operate from a belief that they are not at all in a position to change any of these, they pathetically accept these things as a given somehow. Why should it be so? Why can't they do something (or we) to change things for the better, after all what is wrong to trying to do that and having a platform on the web to do that?
That is exactly what I have in mind for this site – to be a platform for such voices and more importantly taking some action (right now I don't know what those actions would be, but over time this community will figure it out I believe).
In the coming months, I plan to build a discussion board on the site as well, for having open discussions on these things and letting people speak their minds without the fear of being "Banned from the site" kind of suppression of speech that we encounter on many other mainstream sites/communities and organizations.
Lets take it to the next level.